I love the way this recipe not only is a great dessert to slice up and serve to guests, but it has 2 cups of vegetables in it. It’s a great way to use your produce before it goes bad and this bread freezes well too.
· 2 large eggs
· ¾ cup vegetable oil
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· ½ cup light or dark brown sugar
· 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
· 2 cups shredded zucchini, gently squeezed
· 1 cup dark (or semisweet) chocolate chips
· 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8″ loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
4. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake the bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar through a sifter.