Green Chicken Enchilada Dip
I was prepping for Super Bowl Sunday and asked the hostess what she would like for me to bring. She said either a chicken dip or a Mexican dip, so here we are: a cheesy Mexican chicken dip! This original recipe called for using green enchilada sauce, but I really love salsa verde! I switched it out to not only use the salsa verde when melting, but serving with a fresh tomatillo pico de gallo too
It may not have been my teams in the Super Bowl this year (Go Skins and Panthers), but the dip was a winner!
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa verde
- 1 (oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cup Monterrey jack cheese (or mozzarella, or combo), divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large pot (or crock pot), add salsa, chilis, cream cheese and 1 cup cheese. Heat and stir until melted.
Add cooked chicken. Warm through.
- Add fresh cilantro and stir.
- (At this point, you have a few options: Serve warm. Top with cheese and bake, or as I did, put in crock pot, top with cheese, then top with pico de gallo.)