This recipe (which can easily be made with chicken for those who don’t love tuna) was such an breeze, and protein packed. The briney flavor of the capers, plus the fresh punch of the dill, really made this a winner for me. (Plus, I not only served it as a quick dip to friends, but I later has it over a bed of spinach for lunches that week!) Double win!
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounce can wild albacore tuna, drained (I use the oil marinated one with the lemon and dill flavors already in it some.)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers (roughly chopped if the large ones)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or more if you like!)
- vessel of your choice: crackers, nut thins, bed of lettuce, or just a fork!
Original Recipe: https://www.skinnytaste.com/chickpea-tuna-salad/